Keep track of the movies that have been released in 2020 so far and find out which ones are the best.
Checkout this video:
How many movies have been released in 2020?
As of July 2020, there have been 744 movies released in the U.S. and Canada.
The top 10 movies of 2020
As of December 2020, the top 10 movies of 2020 have grossed a combined total of $11.32 billion at the worldwide box office.
The top 10 movies of 2020 are:
1. Bad Boys for Life – $419 million
2. 1917 – $362 million
3. Sonic the Hedgehog – $319 million
4. Jumanji: The Next Level – $297 million
5. Birds of Prey (and the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn) – $229 million
6. Dolittle – $222 million
7. The Gentlemen – $162 million
8. My Hero Academia: Heroes Rising – $161 million
9. Jojo Rabbit – $141 million
10. Knives Out – $131 million
The worst movies of 2020
Out of the countless movies that have been released in 2020, these are the worst of the worst.
The most underrated movies of 2020
It’s been a great year for movies, with plenty of blockbusters and sleeper hits. But there are also a number of movies that flew under the radar. Here are six of the most underrated movies of 2020.
1. The Way Back
2. The Invisible Man
3. First Cow
4. Never Rarely Sometimes Always
5. Da 5 Bloods
6. Bad Education
The most overrated movies of 2020
The most overrated movies of 2020, according to critics
It’s safe to say that 2020 has been a bit of a let-down when it comes to movies. With the COVID-19 pandemic causing the indefinite postponement of many highly-anticipated films, movie fans have had to make do with a smaller selection of titles than usual.
And while there have been some bright spots – such as Disney’s “Soul” and Hulu’s “Palm Springs” – the majority of films released this year have failed to live up to the hype. Here are 10 of the most overrated movies of 2020, according to critics.
The biggest box office bombs of 2020
With the global box office nearing an all-time low in 2020 due to the COVID-19 pandemic, it’s no surprise that many big budget films have been struggling to find an audience. Here are some of the year’s biggest box office bombs:
1. “Cats” – Based on the Broadway musical, this star-studded film was panned by critics and struggled to find its audience. It made just $73 million worldwide on a budget of $100 million.
2. “The Gentleman” – Guy Ritchie’s return to form was a critical and commercial flop, grossing just $46 million worldwide on a budget of $90 million.
3. “Charlie’s Angels” – The long-awaited reboot was savaged by critics and failed to connect with audiences, grossing only $48 million globally on a $55 million budget.
4. “The Rhythm Section” – Blake Lively’s action thriller was considered a major disappointment, grossing just $62 million worldwide against a production budget of $50 million.
5. “Dolittle” – This Robert Downey Jr.-led family film was met with mixed reviews but ended up being a box office bomb, grossing only $242 million globally against a reported production budget of over $175 million.
The most surprising box office hits of 2020
Despite a year of global upheaval, some film fans were treated to a number of pleasant surprises at the box office in 2020. Here are the most surprising box office hits of the year, according to Box Office Mojo.
1. “The Croods: A New Age”
2. “The Call of the Wild”
3. “Sonic the Hedgehog”
4. “Bad Boys for Life”
The most disappointing movies of 2020
We’re only a few months into 2020, but already it’s shaping up to be a disappointing year for movies. There have been a number of high-profile flops, and even some of the year’s most anticipated films have failed to live up to expectations.
Here are some of the most disappointing movies of 2020 so far:
This much-hyped adaptation of the Broadway musical was savaged by critics, who called it “miserable” and “one of the worst films of the year.”
This reboot of the Japanese horror classic was panned by critics, who said it was “uninspired” and “lacks scares.”
‘The Rhythm Section’
This spy thriller starring Blake Lively was a box office bomb, earning just $15 million against its $50 million budget.
‘Sonic the Hedgehog’
This live-action/CGI adaptation of the video game franchise was savaged by critics, who called it “insufferable” and “tedious.”
The best-reviewed movies of 2020
The movies released in 2020 that have been reviewed by the critics and audiences alike are listed below. These are the best-reviewed movies of 2020.
2. Knives Out
3. Marriage Story
4. Once Upon a Time… in Hollywood
5. The Irishman
The worst-reviewed movies of 2020
So far in 2020, there have been a lot of great movies released. However, there have also been a fair share of duds. Here are the worst-reviewed movies of 2020 (so far).